So in my past life (AKA – life before kids) I used to be a voracious reader. I read anything and everything I could lay my hands on. I guess I could say that I am still a voracious reader – the genre has just changed – a lot! As much as I love reading the hungry caterpillar and the book with no pictures (aw, c’mon now, that one is hilarious!!) This year I decided that I will try and include some books in my list that are actually suitable for my age and will *maybe* make my way back into having some adult conversations (a girl can hope, right?)
Also, it is almost summer, y’all!! I know everyone is planning their summer getaways to the beach and I thought it would be nice to share some of the books that are on my reading list this summer. We have a couple beach trips coming up and I can’t wait to get my hands on some of these!
If you click on the name of the book it will take you to Amazon where you can purchase the book – hardcopy or kindle. Personally, I am biased to reading from paper. There is just something about the smell of books. Don’t get me wrong I own a kindle and love the convenience of having multiple books on me when I travel without having to actually carry all those books in my luggage. But the smell of a book and the crinkle of paper just cannot be beat, in my humble opinion.
- Girl on the train: I started this at the beach last summer, you guys! I am still not even half way through it!!! I know, totally slacking!
- The woman in Cabin 10: I know there are so many with women centric titles – I promise that is not a requirement when I look for good reads.
- Big Little Lies: I watched the series and LOVED it. Now, I really want to read the book so I can compare, ya know?
- Sharp Objects: I loved the narrative of Gone Girl and am curious to read Gillian Flynn’s other books!
- Dark Places: This is third one from the author of Gone Girl that I am looking forward to reading.
- The Husbands Wife: Another thriller trifecta of love, marriage and murder
- Three Wishes: This one came highly recommended by another Big Little Lies fan and Liane Moriarty’s narrative.
- While you were sleeping: Alright, alright, you guessed it, I am a sucker for murder mysteries and psychological thrillers.
- Furiously Happy: its captioned to be a funny book about horrible things. Well, what is not to love about that. I guess we will find out.
- Modern Lovers: This sounds like a perfect beach read.
- The Decent Proposal: Another easy light read that I think would be perfect for the beach.
- Beachcombers: the name just needed this to be added to my list of the light beach reading!
- First Comes Love: I have read Babyproof by Emily Griffin and really enjoyed it. This one is a story about two sisters and where life takes them.
- One pink line: The author of this one actually graduated from my alma mater! Cant wait to read this one over this summer.
My hope is to be able to read these and review them for you and would love to hear what you have on your list or if you have read these what you thought of them. Tell us what is on your list this summer.