I cannot believe that summer is almost over and back to school season is already looming upon us! While some of you may already know that I am not a huge fan of summer (I know, that is just blasphemy!), I think my tune will start to change once my eldest starts kindergarten. I have a couple years to go so I am not even going to think about that right now. I walked into Target a few weeks ago and was taken aback by all the back to school stuff already on display in aisles and Amazon is already running all of their back to school sales! On our first week into the last day of school for most kids in our neighborhood, I found a ‘Back to School’ catalog from Lands End in our mailbox!!! I mean, c’mon! The kids hadn’t even settled into summer break yet!
Anyway, I digress. With all the back to school signs, I figured it was time to write this post and share some of our picks for the essentials as you prepare yourself and your kids for the next school year!
1. Backpack – So many great options right now on Amazon. If you have an Under Armor fan, the Storm Scrimmage Backpack is available in 12 different colors.
I remember using a Jansport when I was at school but don’t think I had nearly enough choices as these! 30 different colors in the Jansport backpack and so many more different designs to choose from.
2. Lunch Packs – For years, I have liked the Pack It freeze-able lunch bags. I love that it comes built-in with the freeze-able gel liner and this product on Amazon is sold with a 3 compartment bento box food container as well. It comes in a couple of different patterns and looks nice while still doing the job!
Then, while doing my research I stumbled upon these! The Solvetta Flatbox with about 962 “4.5 star” reviews is a lunch bag/placemat and a picnic on the go multitasking genius product. I mean it is just perfect for kids and adults. And wait for it….it is machine washable! It is literally too good to be true especially for the amazing price that is selling for on Amazon.
3. Lunch Boxes – So I feel like we segued right into this one with ending on the Bento box in the previous category. While that was a great price point for a combo product with the lunch bag, here is a new and really well reviewed product. It is kinda on the higher end of the price spectrum but it comes with a built in insulated thermos in the lunch box so you can pack a hot lunch for your kids! The Omie Box is another one that I just stumbled upon and I was wowed by its bento box with insulated thermos feature! It comes in three different colors too!
I would be remiss if I didn’t talk about the Bentgo Lunch Box with 2,640 “4.5 star” reviews! Whoa! It seems to be the forerunner in the lunch pack! (see what I did there!) I truly am a fan of the bento food container solution just because it helps provide kids with proportioned meals and have things stay in their own spot. I have this strange issue with food mixing on my plate which is why Bento boxes will always be my favorite!! Hence, both my recommendations in this category are bento boxes. The Bento is definitely at a more attractive price point too and Amazon is currently running a promo of an additional 15% off with purchase of one item.
4. Clothes – I am always looking for polos for my boys. I figure that they are not going to let me dress them forever so I enjoy dressing them up while I can. US Polo Association has great quality polos for an attractive price and in over 35 different colors!
Polos for Girls – They also have polo shirts for the girls in about 11 different colors. If your kids wear a uniform to school, this is a great time to stock up with a choice of different sizing and colors also by French Toast. The little detail on the collar is jut enough for a little bit of flair.
Under Armor Jacket and Pant set – Such an awesome price for this set and is perfect for the transition into Fall for layering! There are sizes from 3 months to 4T and 15 different colors. You may be spoilt for choice here!
5. Shoes – Love converse for myself and the little ones too! Amazon has some great choices at good prices across all ages! Check these out in navy and you can pick from the different sizes and colors too.
6. Jackets – Nordstrom is currently running its Anniversary sale and while I have talked so much about all of my favorites, there are some amazing and affordable back to school outerwear gear for the kids.
7. Water Bottles – I have always used the Funtainer Thermos for my kids because they are truly spill proof and keep water cold for up to 12 hours! They are also stainless steel so are free of odors that usually transfer over in plastic bottles and are non toxic. Plus, they come in so many cute designs and themes. There is one for each superhero, princess or Disney theme fan out there. We have a batman and a spiderman at our home.
Kleen Kanteen is another I would like to try. It shares its stainless design which lends itself to the biggest advantage in my mind to it being non toxic as compared to the its plastic counterparts and eliminates the passing of any flavors. This one is also spill proof and comes in a bunch of different styles and colors meant for all ages!
8. Accessories – Depending on what grade your child is in, accessories could vary greatly but here are some popular categories that we wanted to share with you. Whether you are looking for a scientific calculator or a watch or headphones Amazon Prime has you covered!
9. Locker accessories – Target is running a buy one get one 50% off on all locker accessories from organization supplies to decorative accessories they have a ton of options! Locker décor and accessories BOGO 50% off. Valid 7/23-7/29
A lot of stores are running great back to school deals on products. Target has buy one get one 50% off on Yobi supplies, 20% off on Bic and Frixion products, 20% off on clothing and a lot of other great deals. They also will price match with most other stores.
Make sure you finish checking off all those items that are going to make your transition back into the next school year as smooth as it can possibly be. And don’t forget to share with us what are some items on your list that we may have missed. I am definitely a rookie when it comes to this topic and would LOVE to learn more!